Monday, March 22, 2010

CFR in Middle Tennessee

I was asked once again to be a guide for a Casting For Recovery retreat and I happily accepted.  It's one of the most rewarding things I get to do each year.  I've done it twice for the East TN retreat and this was my second time for the Middle TN retreat.   The event was held at Tumbling Creek Lodge (http://www.thetumblingcreeklodge.com/) with private water stocked with very healthy trout.   As always the ladies seem to have the time of their lives and really get a lot out of that weekend.

The weather may not have been the best, it was a little rainy and chilly, but it didn't dampen their spirits and I believe every lady caught fish.  The first fish my fisherwoman hooked into broke her 5x tippet like it was sewing thread.  I saw the flash and her pole bent and I knew we had a huge one on.  These were not the easiest fish with which to start your fly fishing career.


Big fish on... for a moment.


We went up to 4x from then on and finally got a nice one to the net.   She was very happy to say the least and it was such a great pleasure to be a part of it.

To check out all the good this organization does click on thier link... http://www.castingforrecovery.org/

No comments: